Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Signs of Growth

The second and third nights we were home, Keegan got about three hours of sleep inbetween feedings- which means we got close to the same. the last few nights however have been much different. Two nights ago he was up every 45 minutes, every hour and a half, every 30 minutes, and each time wanting to eat. I know I'm the 24 hour diner, but seriously?!?! not only was it frutrating, but it got painful. I grit my teeth and remembered the amazing gift I was able to provide my son, and I got over it. Last night he was awake every two hours- which is better, but I really liked the three hour game.

I was talking with one of our favorite Labor & Delivery nurses today and she simply told me that Keegan was going through his first week growth spirt. I just hope he grows quick so that I can have a night or two of better sleep.

(I have to tell you this story in order to tell you the next story)

This morning, while on the phone with my personal nurse, Drew comes hauling into our bedroom holding Keegan out at arms length, yelling for me to come help. Keegan was COVERED in vomit, as was Drew. Puke was everywhere; I had no idea so much could com out of something so little. Both boys got a new outfit and underwears- kinda funny. Just glad we were at home when it happened- although I await the day when it doesn't.

(Ok, second story)

I was on the computer later this evening when again, Drew was hollering for me to "come quick". I of course, thinking there had been a vomit repeat, go running into the bedroom. Drew was just standing there, and Keegan was lying on the changing table. Assuring me that everything was ok, Drew asked me if I noticed anything different. It took me a second, but I soon realized that I could see Keegan's belly button- his umbilical cord had come off. The doctor said this would happen in 10-14 days, and that was just about right.

Small things I know, but I've got a small boy to gain these simple pleasures from. So precious!

1 comment:

  1. I love that I get to be your personal nurse and friend! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete