Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wicked-ly Awesome!!

I went and saw this amazing show last night thanks to the Broadway in Boise program and I had a great time. This most acclaimed musical has received several Tony awards and has sold out thousand of times across the globe. The 16 shows in Boise all sold out in a matter of hours. I was lukcy enough to get three tickets from a girlfriend who had a family obligation come about after she purchased her seats.

Wicked is the story of what happened in Oz before Dorothy ever dropped in. Elphaba and Galinda (later pronounced just Glinda) are the star Witches of the show whose friendship surpasses many a trial and a bit of monkey business in order to save the animals of Oz, who are being forced to give up their human language and return to the sounds of wild.

I had purchased the book Wicked many years ago and then my sister got me the cd to the musical. The funny part was that I still hadn't actually read the book. So I had no idea how the songs went with the story nor what the story really was. Well let me tell 'ya, I'll be starting that book today!! It was so cool to see how the Tin Man actaully became the Tin Man, and where the COwardly Lion came from- that's right, they had to arrive in Oz somehow!!

What an amazing show. I would love to see it again sometime and relive the magic that it provides for its audiences!! So Kel, I'm sorry you missed out on this amazing experience, but I'm happy to have had it for you!!!!

"Truth is not fact nor reason, it's what everyone agrees on." -The Wizard of Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment