Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Family Pictures

When I was young, I remember asking my parents if we could have professional family pictures taken. I love taking pictures. At Christmas time, I loved getting everyone's cards with their beautiful pictures of their beautiful families- I wanted cards like that. Unfortunately, the only pictures we ever had taken as a family were by Olan Mills for our church directory, and lets face it, those pictures were never great. The summer before my senior year of high school, I was finally able to convince my parents to take family pictures at the same time I got my senior pictures taken. It was awesome!! We had so much fun and we got some really nice shots out of it. But by the time we would get our next family picture, it was years later at my wedding, and by then, our family dynamics had changed. In my whole life, I have one nice family picture of the four Thoms. I will keep that picture forever, but will remember that it represents a time in my life that doesn't exist anymore. In my adult life, I want to capture as many family moments as I can, so that I can have several family pictures to look back on, before any family dynamic has the chance to change.

When we had Keegan's newborn pictures taken, I asked our photographer if she would snap some shots of us all, and I'm so glad she did. I look forward to all the family pictures we have in store for us during our lives, and to the people who will find their way into our pictures as our family grows. I have the most beautiful family, and I'll take every opportunity I have to show them off! I hope you enjoy these!!












1 comment:

  1. LOVE them ALL!! You do have a BEAUTIFUL family, be proud Meg! =) I love recieving pictures as well so please keep me posted with any of you all or sweet Keegan! =)

    ReplyDelete