Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bedtime

In hopes of getting a little more sleep at night, Drew and I have started a new bedtime routine with Keegan. As of right now, we give him a bath (which he LOVES) jammies, nurse him, swaddle him (the newest piece of the routine) and read three books. By the time this process is over, we can usually lay him in his porta crib and he'll sleep. Being in the porta crib is also a new things- he's been in it for the last three nights and it's great. No more sleeping in bouncers or swings in the middle of our room. Tonight, we read to Mercer Mayer books, some of Drew's fav. The last book we read was "I'll Love You Forever". I hadn't read this book in years, and I may not be able to read it often. I wasn't to the bottom of the first page when I started crying. I literally wept throughout the entire story. I even believe (though can not confirm) that I saw Drew wipe away a tear towards the end. What a wonderful testiment of a mother's unconditional, never-ending love for her child- something I didn't grasp until five weeks ago. I am so blessed to have this wonderful little man in my life, and am so grateful that he chose me to be his Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment