Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Fort

So I've reached the point in my pregnancy where I'm having a hard time sleeping. I can no longer sleep on my stomach and am most comfortable on my back; however, I hear from every website that sleeping on my back can restrict bloodflow to myself and the baby. I've tried using a body pillow but found that I was still tossing and turning and not getting the rest I needed.

Last night I decided to try something different. Instead of using one BIG pillow, I put two smaller pillows next to me: one between my knees to take the pressure off my hips and one to go underneath my elbow, to make it easier to breath. Drew walked into the bedroom while I was situating myself amongst the fluff and he laughed at me, saying "I hope you sleep well in your fort." And he was totally right. As I looked around, I was completely surrounded by pillows and blankets. It was kinda funny- but truth be told, I slept better last night than I've slept in weeks. It was wonderful. I woke up this morning truly rested and energized. Just makes me that much more excited to return to my FORT tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment