Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A quick update....

Ok, I haven't updated my blog in a little bit and don't have anything horribly exciting to report, maybe just a bunch of little things. So please pardon my random-ness:

1) One of the things I look forward to the most each January is buying a new day planner. I know that sounds weird, but finding a new book, transfering all my important dates, looking forward to the next year's holidays- I love it all. But with the new, I realize I must get rid of the old, and for some reason it's really hard to do. Drew and I had such an amazing 2010 with so many great adventures, so many things written down to document our lives, that I'm having a hard time tossing out my old planner. It feels as if I get rid of it, I'm getting rid of all the wonderful things that we did...

2) Had our 32 week doctors appointment today. Everything was fine, measuring well, good heartbeat (I never get tired of hearing it), and my next appointments have been scheduled- onto every two weeks!!

3) Had quite the adventure in McCall this last weekend. Went up for a friend's wedding and decided to try something other than your typical hotel room. Drew found a deal for the Brundage Bungalows so we went for it. A small cabin- like structure is what we arrived to with a small fridge and microwave, but that was about it. I guess they wanted us to "rough" it a little cause there was no shampoo, no heater/vent in the bathroom, and we only discovered that after we hiked in over the mound of snow covering our walkway. When I called the front desk on Saturday asking for someone to come shovel our walkway, the 16 year old who answered the phone told me the maintenance man was gone for the day so I could either a) go get a shovel from the front desk and shovel it myself, or b) go down to the grocery store and buy a shovel to use- she assured me they were inexpensive. Needless to say, after the conversation and the icey, snow covered path, Drew and I were fortunate enough to find another hotel room in town for our second night. Perhaps the adventure would have been more rewarding and enjoyable if a) I weren't 8 months pregnant being told to shovel my own walkway, and b)..... no, I think "A" is good enough.

4) Started looking for daycares this last week. We found a place that is right in-between both of our works. They are allowed to have 6 babies total, but right now only have three, which means that there would be lots of one on one attention. The girls were really nice and the price is really reasonable. We'll keep looking a bit, but this place was pretty nice. The building is a little older with older paint colors and carpeting, but we don't need the bells and whistles right now, we just need someone who will love on our little man and keep him safe. I think we might have found that :)

I guess that's kinda all I've got for now. I suppose in the next few weeks I'll find some more exciting things to jot down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment