Saturday, January 22, 2011

The only good part...

Drew and I started our Saturday taking a tour of St. Lukes' Labor & Delivery floor and Mother and Baby care floor. It was a lot of good information- glad we did it.

Then we decided to head towards Babies R' Us so that we could order the rocking chair we've selected for our nursery- the last remaining piece we need. Let me just tell you, that finally getting to park in the Stork Stall was THE ONLY GOOD PART ABOUT OUR VISIT!!

We went back to order the chair but wanted a different color than the floor model. The woman started typing everything into the computer, after we waited for someone to get to the computer. At one point Drew asked if she needed us to give her the color code of the chair we wanted and she said, "Oh, I just ordered you the brown chair. I didn't know you wanted a different color- that will take 8-12 weeks for delivery." Well perhaps you would have asked what color we wanted? Didn't that box need to be checked- and we don't even 8012 weeks. So the brown chair it is!

Then she signs us up for the Babies R' Us credit card stating it will save is $40 and that we can pay it off on-line when we get home. So we take the 'temporary card' to the cashiers desk along with our order form to pay and of course we get THE MOST incompetent woman waiting on us. She keeps asking if 'we're picking the chair up' or 'are you wanting to pay the 20% or the whole thing' and is halfway mumbling to herself the entire time. She had NO IDEA how to ring up our sale so I finalyy 'encouraged' her to get some help. She walked over to another clerk who also had no idea what to do, so onto a THIRD person she went. This person began to fix our problem, but the first dumbass hit a button in the middle of it all and didn't get our credit info.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!? Luckily, the woman who started all of this (the one who ordered the wrong color) saved the day. She came and took over he sale, got our coupon, our loyalty card info, our credit card info and hit total all in the right order- who would have known it would take FOUR people to get us out of there.

It was the worst experience I've had there (out of an astonishing three other trips) and I'm not sure how excited I am to go back. I realize they're suppose to be the baby experts, but on a busy Saturday, you'd think they would have plenty of experienced and well- trained staff members. Good thing we were registered at Target- hopefully things will go smoothly in that store!!

2 comments:

  1. Meg- you are not the only unsatisfied shopper at Babies R Us...I know there are THOUSANDS of people that LOVE this store..but me? Well I won't shop there..In fact I havent been back since my pregnancy with Addyson due to a very familiar story!! Incompetent people and RUDE service!! Luckily there are other stores such as Macys, Target, Walmart, even Kmart where you can buy just as cute stuff, just as good quality and also have experienced staff! =D good luck if you decide to return! And I hope you have better shopping experiences in your next shopping excursions!! On a lighter note..that picture of you..YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm betting you can make the brown chair look wonderful in your nursery! Accent it, which I'm sure you do amazingly, and it will be FAB! <3

    ReplyDelete