Thursday, October 28, 2010

Candy Corn (not) Cupcakes


I saw a recipe for Candy Corn Cupcakes in the Idaho Statesman a few weeks ago and knew I had to try it out. Candy Corn is my FAVORITE seasonal candy so I felt up for the challenge. I thought I would take my finished product to work so I got cooking, wanting to make sure I had lots of time if needed. Needless to say, they didn't come out quuuuuite the way I was hoping (she says with a slight tinge of disappointment). I separated my batter into two bowls, colored and flavored them appropriately and then started layering them into my cupcake pans. After the suggested 16-21 minute baking time, I pulled them out, and let's just say, they left me wanting. First of all, I put the colors in the wrong order, and then because I used a dark baking pan, the yellow parts came out brown, and trust me, no one would have realized what I was going for. I was a bit bummed out, as I won't be able to tryagain before work tomorrow, but I will not be defeated- I WILL conquer the candy corn cupcake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment