Friday, January 13, 2012

A Winter Wedding

With all the excitment of the holiday season, I shouldn't have been surprised when I got a call from my mom on the 29th telling me that she and her sweetheart Butch were headed to the courthouse to get married...Actually, I had no reason to be surprised as I had been the one to suggest the idea.

Mom and Butch hace known each other for a bit mroe than a year now and it turns out that I knew one of his sons in high school. He has two boys, both of whom are married, and his youngest son, Justin, is awaiting the arrival of baby #3. They are wonderful boys and I've enjoyed getting to know them.

Butch is working at a car lot in Mountain Home and drive to and from work everyday from Twin Falls, an hour and a half drive when the roads are dry and the wind is calm. With him only having one day off a week currently, my mom had set it up that they would be married the Thursday that he was off, between Christmas and New Years, while my Grandma Pat was in town- needless to say, Nana was a little surprised to be the Matron of Honor while on vacation. Butch quickly agreed he night before and the next morning they set off to get flowers from Fred Meyer, get her ring polished, and then headed to the courthouse for their 1:00pm ceremony. Drew and I were able to get off work early and headed to Twin for a celebratory dinner. It was a nice evening with our new extended family and we look forward to more get togethers in the future! Congrats to the newlyweds!!









No comments:

Post a Comment