Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Favorite Time of Day

There are a lot of times throughout the day that I really enjoy. I love when Keegan wakes up in the morning and I go in to see him standing up in his crib with his hair going in a thousand different directions with nothing but a smile on his face. I love picking him up from daycare and seeing the excitement on his face when he hears me call his name. I love after dinner when he just wants to crawl all over us and wrestle around the living room. I love putting him in the bath and watching him have so much fun with all of his toys. But by far, above all else, my favorite time with Keegan is when I rock him to sleep.

I love holding that little boy against my body as I watch him slowly let go of his day and slip peacely into dreamland. I love that he finds me comfortable and safe enough to just relax and let it all drift away. I love the feeling of when he is finally asleep and I can hear his little breaths and see his little chest rising so effortlessly. This is my favorite time of day, and no matter how many times I go in to check on him, to give him more bottle, or to give him his pacifier, I love that in that moment, I'm the only thing he needs.

Sweet dreams, my perfect little boy. Mama loves you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment