Monday, October 3, 2011

No Sew Home Decor







I got a great pattern from a friend who made a banner for her son's first birthday. It was so simple that I had to try it. All I used was:



5- 18'x21' fat quarters of corresponding fabrics

spray adhesive

grosgrain ribbon (3 yards long, folded then pressed in half)

liquid stitch (coolest stuff ever)

pinking shears



I sprayed the wrong sides of the fabric together so that both sides showing was the right side. Then I traced a triangle about seven times onto each of the five fabrics and used my pinking shears to cut them out. I then used the liquid stitch to adhere the sheared triangles to the ribbon which I had already pressed in half. With the fabric and ribbon I had, I was able to make 2-9 foot banners, which was one more than I thought I would get. My next plan is to make a smaller one so that I can use it as a Christmas tree garland- perhaps after that will be a blue and orange something to hang from our blue and orange pop-up tent...hmmm, I like projects!!

1 comment: