Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life is....

Good for the most part. We've been nice and busy which always makes the time past more quickly. We've had family and friends visit which we love, and they've turned right around to host us along our adventures as well. I wish I had more pictures to share, but I hope you enjoy the few I have, as I try to catch everyone up...

Today especially is a day of emotions for me. I get to celebrate a wonderful girlfriends birthday today- Happy Birthday Kellie!! Two years ago on this date (and exactly in 9 1/2 hours) my boyfriend became my fiance. The sun set from Table Rock was beautiful and the diamond sparkled. I'm so glad he asked and gave me the chance to answer!! But for everything positive, there must be something to counter it. Almost to the hour, 6 years ago, I was getting off a plane in Portland to go see my Grandpa Kirk, for the very last time. We had not made it in time to say goodbye to him in person, so we gathered with our family to remember the wonderful man he was to all of us. There's not a week that goes by when I don't think of him, and I know my family feels the same. I'm so grateful to have had him in my life and know how lucky I was to have had him for so long. I'll love you always and miss you everyday!!!

Ok, more good stuff. My dad married Ardele Hanson on January 30th of this year. It was a PACKED wedding,a great reception and an even better after party (that I'm sure the bride and groom wish they had attended). Calvin Kline and I became the best of friends that night as well. So glad for newlyweds!!
















Now that the weather is behaving more and more, we've started getting some yard work done. Now that the weeds are MY weeds, I don't mind pulling them as much, but there certainly are a lot of them. On Sunday afternoon, we ripped six years of overgrown irises out of our front flower bed. They had never been split before, so when we pulled up one head, we ended up pulling out 10 or 12 heads. It was quite the work out and we ddin't even get it all finished because we ran out of garbage bags and the garbage cans could only hold so much. The ULTIMATE goal for the year is to build a back patio cover (pergola) to give us some shade. We hope to be able to do the work ourselves, with the help of fathers and anyone else interested (there is no application process, just show up)!!!!

Our summer weekends keep filling up with weddings and concerts and birthdays and anniversaries, so if want to do something with us, you better hurry and let us know!! :) Our lives continue to mosey along, but we love it. Come back for more soon, you never know what will be going on next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment