Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Finally Did It!!!!

Well, after much hard work and much fewer order of french fries, I met my Weight Watcher (WW) goal. It took me 355 days and in the end, I lost 40 pounds and dropped two pant sizes. While the numbers have increased and decreased, one thing that has remained constant is the pride I now have in myself. This truly was a whole-body make-over for me and I am very pleased with my results. Don't get me wrong, it was a tough road, and at times, I wasn't sure why I was following it. Those reasons are still becoming clear to me and I discover something new about my new self everyday.

I know I promised that when I reached my goal, I would share my numeric success, and I will stay true to that promise. When I started WW on July 3, 2009, I weighed in at 213.2 (3 pounds less than my highest measured weight). On June 24, 2010, I hit the scale at 172.6. Today, I remain between 172 and 175, as I am trying to figure out where I want to remain. The challenge, now, is truly proving that this IS a lifestyle change and NOT a diet. A diet you stop when you reach your goal and this is when most people put their weight back on. My goal is to not do that :) I have to find a way to now stay constant and secure with where I am... which is in a comfortable size 12!

During my process, I was very conscience about my appearance and rarely allowed time for the camera to capture what I was doing. So, when I reached my goal, I asked a girlfriend to snap a few pics of the "new and improved" me. Below are a few of my favs... Enjoy them, as I plan on enjoying their benefits for a long time to come!










1 comment:

  1. SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!! And you are a beautiful woman inside and out Meg!! Alwas wishing you the most wonderful things in life!! =)

    ReplyDelete